9th - 12th GRADE
High school MINISTRY (HsM)
WHAT WE DO:
Student Night: Every second Wednesday of the month from 6:45-8:15 p.m. at our NE Indy location, we have a night of fun games and activities, worship, connection and a message tailored specifically for high school students. This is the perfect first step for any high school student!
City Group: New this year, we launched City Group, our first-ever small group experience exclusively for high school students. At City Group, we meet together weekly to grow closer in our relationships with one another and with God. You can plan on fun games and activities, Biblical messages related to what high school students are going through and an extended time of small group discussion for students to connect with one another.
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT:
- Your student will get connected to a protection-approved, trained adult small group leader who will be there every weekend to lead them.
- Their small group will be based on their grade and gender where that adult leader will help them connect with other students in the group.
- Partnering with parents is a core value to us, and we will communicate weekly about our sermon series, upcoming events and parent trainings (periodically).
WHY WE DO IT:
- To love students well. To help them experience the love of God through consistent, loving relationships with our leaders and other students
- To lead students in a growing relationship with Jesus. To help them get closer to God and other people through more intimate relationships (small groups).
- To launch students out to be the church and change the world. We give them opportunities to serve within our church and around our community and city.
Testimonies from students and small group leaders
“Serving as a small group leader for high school girls has renewed my own faith! Every week when I watch these girls share with each other the real things they're going through and carrying, I'm so encouraged by the ways they support one another. I love seeing each of them share their questions and doubts, but mostly watching as they take small steps closer to Jesus every day. It's truly a gift to me to serve in this ministry!”
High School Students:
“HSM has impacted me by making me feel closer to God as a family. The ministry makes people feel welcome and not judged in any way. It's an all around great program for students who are seeking God.”
“I love our high school ministry because it’s such an accepting environment where I’ve met some of my really good friends. Also, I like how the messages apply to my life as a high schooler.”
We’re happy to answer your questions in person on the weekend or click the button below to get more information.