4th - 6th GRADE
We want to see YOUR STUDENT at our brand new 456 ministry! At 456, students will have an opportunity to have fun through games and worship, engage in biblical teaching, and connect with students their own age in gender/age specific small groups. Every small group is led by a trained adult volunteer who serves every weekend so that your student has the same leader who can get to know them, help them connect with the other students in their small group and encourage them in their faith. We meet in the upstairs chapel of our 96th Street campus at both services and can't wait to show you the new space we have for them in our new campus!
What We Do:
- 456 Service: 456 services meet in the upstairs chapel of our 96th street campus on Sundays during the 9am and 11am service. During these services, 4th-6th grade students have a chance to connect and worship with friends, have some fun, and hear a message specifically for them.
What You Can Expect:
- Your student will get connected to a protection-approved and trained adult small group leader who will be there every weekend to lead them.
- Their small group will be based on their grade and gender where the adult leader will help them connect with other students in the group.
- Partnering with parents is a core value to us, and we will communicate weekly about our sermon series, upcoming events and parent trainings. To be added to our parent communications, click here.
Why We Do It:
- To love students well. To help them experience the love of God through consistent, loving relationships with our leaders and other students.
- To lead students in a growing relationship with Jesus. To help them get closer to God and other people through more intimate relationships (small groups).
- To launch students out to be the church and change the world. We give them opportunities to serve within our church and around our community and city.
Testimonies from students and small group leaders
“Serving as a small group leader in the student ministry has allowed not only me but my whole family to encourage, disciple, and live life with these students. It is not just having fun seeing a movie, grilling out, or playing video games either. It has also been spiritually challenging in the best way possible. In order to help these students become God dependent and draw closer to Him, I have learned I have to be open and authentic about my own struggles when I was their age and how God brought me through them. Seeing God work in these student’s hearts and lives has made all the time and effort worthwhile. There is no greater reward than knowing your humble efforts are making an eternal impact.”
“Being a small group leader is easily the most rewarding thing I do with my time. It amazes me how pouring all of myself into these girls, in turn, fills me up! My heart has never felt the overwhelming amount of love that it has since becoming their small group leader. These are relationships I treasure; with students and fellow small group leaders. We are one family and for that, I am blessed beyond measure!”
“I love having such a cool small group leader that I can talk to.”
“I love how in JHM everyone there is so friendly and treats you like family whether it's your first day or if you've been going for years. Another thing I like is that they incorporate games into the service, while learning about Christ. It's cool because you're having fun while learning about Jesus and other life lessons. Lastly, I love how all of the leaders can relate to you and give you advice no matter what the situation is.”
“I like being in JHM because it helps me understand the Bible better. It really speaks to me and it translates the confusing words in the Bible to something I really can understand. It's also just really fun and gives us fun ways to learn about God!”
We’re happy to answer your questions in person on the weekend or click the button below to get more information.