Here at Heartland we stand on a strong foundation of generosity and commitment to serve. We know through service and generosity we are changing lives – for those serving, for those being served, and through the example we are leaving for others.
Through various Outreach projects and on-going programs and small groups, we provide a path to demonstrate God’s love. Whether it is through simple and practical acts of kindness, or participating in large serve functions, we want to help you find a way to effectively use your gifts to love people well, lead people into a transforming relationship with Jesus Christ, and launch people out to change the world.
Register Below FOR Serve Day opportunities
Additional SERVE DAY ideas:
Begin by asking your small group members the following questions. Hopefully, the answers will help you develop a project that is a perfect fit for your group.
- Who in your neighborhood has a need?
- What business or organization within your sphere of influence could use a blessing?
- What project types best suit your group’s ages and abilities? (prayer, worship, teaching, physical labor, etc.)
- Host a free garage sale
- Bring free lunches to construction workers and servicemen in your area
- Hand out free gum at a local park
- Clean up a widow’s or single mom’s yard
- Give out free sunscreen at a city park
- Give out free bottled water
- Plan a “Back to School Bash” for foster care children. Have free food, games, and a backpack/school supply giveaway
- Give out free donuts and coffee at bus stop or shopping center
- Host a free car wash for the faculty
- Minor car repairs for elderly, widows and/or single mom’s
- Kids host a free kids toys and games garage sale
- Kids host a free lemonade stand
- Deliver fresh flowers to the residents
- Host a worship service at a nursing home (offer worship, devotions, prayer, and fellowship)
- Throw a “Senior Prom” complete with live music, food, and decorations
- Landscape a flower garden and sitting area for resident
- Have kids make crafts (necklaces, wooden crosses) that can be given to residents
- Distribute chips and sodas to residents & employees (check with staff on food restrictions)
- Tea Party
- Help the residents complete care packages for foster kids
- Band: Serve free drinks or snacks at their practices
- Sports teams: Serve free bottled water at their practices
- Give away free mechanical pencils or energy drinks to college students
- Host a free picnic in the quad.
- Give out free donuts and coffee on the quad
Special Needs/Youth Home
- Identify a family with a special needs child and give the family a Mom & Dad’s day out
- Adopt a group home for the day and throw a party for the residents
- Build a wheelchair ramp for handicapped
- Organize a field day for a group youth home
- Serve hot breakfast for the homeless in your community
- Do a community trash clean up
- Host a “Block Party” with free food, games, music, etc. for families
- Renovate a run-down playground or park in the area
- Do a door-to-door grocery giveaway
- Have a “Free Grass Cutting” day
- Serve free coffee, energy drinks, and snacks to staff and those waiting in the emergency room
- Give out healthy snacks to patients of chemotherapy
- Deliver small gifts to patients and families in the children’s ward (toys, care packages, etc)
- Prayer visits with patients and those in emergency room
- Take care-packages with snacks, sweets and small gift items (lotions, magazines, puzzles etc.) to families of hospitalized children.
Business/Service Organizations/Public Servicemen
- Wash windows
- Trash pick-up in parking lot
- Corral shopping carts to designated spaces
- Cook Lunch for your local police or fire station